Our primary goal is to improve process efficiency and effectiveness at Valparaiso University in order to improve constituent satisfaction and resource utilization. We are here to help you! Continuous improvement means evaluating processes regularly using proven methods and tools to ensure that expected outcomes are achieved in the most efficient way possible. While individuals make incremental improvements every day, rapid improvement that crosses departments can be difficult for the following reasons:
- Individuals may not understand the whole process because they only do part of it.
- Individuals are focused on their day to day work and may not have time to fully understand the process.
- The process involves multiple people from different departments using many systems, forms, etc.
- Individuals have been doing their work a certain way for a long time because that’s how they were told to do it, but they really don’t know why.
- Individuals are not sure who owns the process or who may be impacted by it, so they don’t know how to change it.
The Office of Continuous Improvement provides the following services to Valparaiso University faculty and staff:
- Software Consultation
- Process Consultation
- Meeting/Workspace Consultation
- Documentation Review
- Curriculum/Program Needs Review
- Classroom Consultation
Have a project that we could help with? The Office of Continuous Improvement would like the opportunity to work with you or your department. Just submit an ITicket to get started.
Please note: Every continuous improvement project is important. However, large projects that impact an entire department or multiple departments may require financial and/or human resources to implement. To ensure that Valparaiso University is being a good steward of those resources, new projects will be evaluated and prioritized by the Continuous Improvement Advisory Council.