Letras is the space where students share their creative literary writings in Spanish.
Students currently taking FLS 204 or higher can contribute to the Letras literary magazine with a poem in Spanish. There is a new number each semester dedicated to a consecutive letter of the alphabet, a letter that coincides with the first letter of the last name of a Spanish-writing author from any of the 21 countries where Spanish is spoken as official language. The Spanish faculty believe that with all our creative effort, we can keep alive the flame of the poetry!
- “Prolegómenos”, introduction to the number.
- “Prólogo”, presentation and dedication to the writer of the semester, with a brief note of his or her life and production.
- “Fragmentos”, where we offer a fragment of one of this author’s works in which the topic of the number is treated.
- “Efemérides”, where we gather some of the main news of the last six months on literature in Spanish.
- “El rincón del estudiante” (The student corner), where you are the main figure, where the fruits of your literary imagination appear.
For more information, or to contribute with a poem, please, contact Professor Carlos Miguel-Pueyo.