Another Beautiful Day in Paradise: NEBRASKA — An exhibit of visual art and creative writing
Location: Chapel of the Resurrection & Helge Center
Artists and Writers:
- Lee Johnson
- Ed Uehling
- Fred Niedner
- Grace Biermann
- Aimee Tomasek
- Dates of the exhibit: Sept. 8 – Nov. 5
- Opening reception will be Sunday, Sept. 9, 3–5 p.m., at the Chapel of the Resurrection and Helge Center.
- Writers event Sunday, Sept. 23, 4–5 p.m., featuring authors — Ed Uehling, Fred Niedner, and Grace Biermann — presenting their creative work.
This exhibit is about a sense of place, specifically Nebraska. Each artist has a significant tie to Nebraska and has done creative work and research about the state, the sense of place and personal histories. Nebraska is not just a fly over state to these artists and writers; it holds important and formative experiences and memories that each consider to be foundational to their greater creative efforts.
This exhibit is designed to be a collaborative experience with the Chapel community, various academic units at the University, and the greater Valparaiso community.
Everyone is welcome and invited to participate in the events and viewing of the exhibit.
Event sponsors include:
- Valparaiso University Cultural Arts Foundation
- Art Department
- English Department
- Theology Department
- Christ College at Valparaiso University
- The Chapel of the Resurrection and Helge Center