Morning Prayer is anticipated to resume on Jan. 25, 2021 with the Spring semester.
Morning Prayer is our most frequently offered service. For Fall 2020 it is offered at 9:50 to 10:10 a.m. Monday-Friday, when classes are in session. As the university moves to on-line classes, Morning Prayer has concluded as of Nov. 12.
This year’s theme for Monday is “Things I Hope For.”
- Monday, Aug. 24 – Susan VanZanten, Dean of Christ College & Assistant Vice President for Mission & Spiritual Life
- Monday, Aug. 31 – Colette Irwin-Knott, Interim President Elect
- Monday, Sept. 7 – Davey Henreckson, Director, Institute for Leadership and Service
- Monday, Sept. 14 – Byron Martin, Executive Director for Intercultural and International Engagement
- Monday, Sept. 21 – Julie DeGraw, Vice President for Student Life & Dean of Students
- Monday, Sept. 28 – Mel Piehl, Senior Research Professor of Christ College
- Monday, Oct. 5 – Rev. Amanda Nesvold
- Monday, Oct. 12 – Rev. Katherine Museus Dabay
- Monday, Oct. 19 – Richard Miller, Technical Support Specialist
- Monday, Oct. 26 – Matthew Puffer, Assistant Professor of Humanities and Ethics, Christ College
- Monday, Nov. 2 – Mandy Brobst-Renaud, Assistant Professor of Theology
- Monday, Nov. 9 – Jeanne Brown, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Monday, Nov. 16 – CANCELED.
Friday Morning Prayer speakers are seniors, who offer reflections on their spiritual life.
- Friday, Aug. 21 – Madeline Brown
- Friday, Aug. 28 – Veronica Campbell
- Friday, Sept. 4 – Natalie Kasberger
- Friday, Sept. 11 – Lydia Knorp
- Friday, Sept. 18 – Emily Friedman
- Homecoming Friday, Sept. 25 – Kyle Duff VU ’15
- Friday, Oct. 2 – Charlie Presar
- Friday, Oct. 9 – Laura Muther
- Friday, Oct. 16 – Andrew Bottom
- Friday, Oct. 23 – Chad Dykman
- Friday, Oct. 30 – Jen Perkne
- Friday, Nov. 6 – Sweetwine will lead our service
- Friday, Nov. 13 – A memorial service for President Emeritus Alan F. Harre will take the place of our regular Morning Prayer service. Reservations required for in person worship.
- Friday, Nov. 20 – CANCELED.
Scenes from Morning Prayer from Fall 2019: