Our Mission and Vision
Centered in Christ, the Ministry of the Chapel of the Resurrection proclaims God’s love and serves students, faculty, staff by building an inclusive community.
As a ministry in an academic setting, we seek a collaborative life together in our commitment to Jesus Christ.
Through Worship and the Arts we proclaim God’s Word, offer our talents and gifts, and receive forgiveness, life and salvation.
Through Spiritual Formation and Empowerment for Service we teach and learn together, mentor toward leadership, serve our neighbor, and practice faith.
Through a Lutheran Character and an Ecumenical Context we bear witness to the theology of the cross and embrace a diverse community.
Through Hospitality and Stewardship we extend God’s welcome and care to all people and tend to that which is entrusted to us.
1600 Chapel Drive
Valparaiso IN 46383
Indigenous Land Statement
The Chapel of the Resurrection is built on the traditional homelands of several indigenous peoples, most notably the Potawatomi (Bodéwadmik) Nation. The land was ceded by Potawatomi leaders to the U.S. federal authorities on October 26, 1832, as part of the Treaty of Tippecanoe. We meet in this place indebted to this forced generosity.
Some of the indigenous population successfully resisted removal. Members of the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi (Pokégnek Bodéwadmik) established a sovereign government in Dowagiac, Michigan, and continue to live, work, and worship as our neighbors.