Morning Prayer has resumed in person worship.
See the individual worship service pages for details.
Worship services at the Chapel for 2020-21 will fully comply with all COVID-19 protocols established by Valparaiso University in dialogue with Chapel staff. These will include:
- Limiting attendance to 100 people.
- Face coverings on all leaders and participants unless otherwise shielded or distanced in a manner that conforms to the established protocols.
- Event locations and capacities will conform to social distancing requirements.
- Distribution of Holy Communion will follow protocols established for food distribution elsewhere on campus. Thus, no common loaf or cup.
- Music will be provided by non-wind instrument ensembles, organists and a maximum of eight cantors.
- There will be no congregational singing, except at outdoor services where the singers are wearing masks.
- All attending from off campus will be subject to check in and screening in the narthex. Visitors will be required to wear a visitor badge.
- Entrance will be through the main center doors only, where a member of the Chapel staff will take a count of those entering and record that number online.
- Both baptismal fonts will remain drained unless needed for a baptism.
You can read our full protocol here.