Jeffrey Pruet, Ph.D.
Jeffrey Pruet (he/him) Assistant Professor of Chemistry email@example.com 219.464.6564 Center for the Sciences 206
Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry – University of Texas (2012)
B.S. – Louisiana State University (2006)
My research is aimed at developing small-molecule therapeutics. Deazaguanines and Pterins are classes of heterocycles which have a broad range of applicability in the medicinal field. Exploring new reactions which allow for rapid diversification of these heterocycles would thus lead to large libraries of potentially therapeutic agents. One such application would be selective inhibition of fungal methionine synthase, paving the way for new anti-fungal drugs.
- “Comparative routes to 7-carboxymethyl-pterin: A useful medicinal chemistry building block.” Bennett, Z., Grumbles, K., & Pruet, J. (2022). Pteridines, 33(1), 1-8.
- “Characterizing the cytotoxic effects and several antimicrobial phytocompounds of Argemone mexicana” D. A. Orozco-Nunnelly, J. Pruet, C.P. Rios-Ibarra, E.L. Bocangel-Gamarra, T. Lefeber, T. Najdeska. PLOS ONE 2021,16(4): e0249704
- “Exploring the scope of DBU-promoted amidations of 7-carboxymethyl-pterin” A. Bockman, J.M. Pruet. Beilstein J. Org. Chem. 2020, 16, 509-514
- “Improved conditions for a direct and regioselective synthesis of 8-carboxyethyl-7-deazaguanine” J.M. Pruet; I. Kevlishvili. Tetrahedron Lett. 2017 58 1706–1708
- “Sulfur incorporation generally improves Ricin inhibition in pterin- appended glycine-phenylalanine dipeptide mimics” P.A.Wiget; L.A. Manzano; J.M. Pruet; G. Gao; R. Saito; A.F. Monzingo; J.R. Jasheway; J.D. Robertus; E.V. Anslyn Bioorg. Med. Chem Lett. 2013, 23, 6799–6804
- “Peptide-conjugated pterins as inhibitors of Ricin Toxin A” R Saito; J.M. Pruet; L. A. Manzano; K. Jasheway; A.F. Monzingo; P.A.Wiget; I. Kamat; E.V. Anslyn; J.D. Robertus J Med Chem. 2013, 56(1), 320-329
- “Optimized 5-membered heterocycle-linked pterins for the inhibition of Ricin Toxin A” J.M. Pruet; R. Saito; L. Manzano; K. Jasheway; P. Wiget; I. Kamat; E. Anslyn; J. Robertus ACS Med Chem Lett 2012, 3, 588-591.
- “7-Substituted pterins provide a new direction for ricin A chain inhibitors” J. M. Pruet; K. R. Jasheway, L. A. Manzano, Y. Bai, E. V. Anslyn, J. D. Robertus. Eur. Journal of Med. Chem. 2011, 46(9), 3608-3615
- “Acyl radical insertion for the direct formation of seven-substituted pterin analogs” J. M. Pruet; J. D. Robertus; E. V. Anslyn. Tetrahedron Lett. 2010, 51(18), 2539-2540
- American Chemical Society
- Indiana Academy of Sciences
- Indiana Academy of Sciences Senior Research Grant. “Methionine Synthase Applications in Antibiotic and Antifungal Treatments”. $3,000. PI
- Indiana Space Grant Consortium. “Identifying & Developing Novel Compounds for Combating ISS Superbugs”. $28,700. Co-PI
- Wheat Ridge Ministries grant. “Identifying and Developing Novel Compounds to Combat Infection and Cancer”. $10,000. Co-PI
- Indiana Academy of Sciences Senior Research Grant. “Design and Synthesis of Selective Inhibitors of Fungal Methionine Synthase”. $3,000. PI