The Fitness Center, located next to the Athletics-Recreation Center, has a vast array of cardio equipment and strength machines to keep Valpo students, faculty, and staff strong and fit.
- Must have valid Valparaiso University ID and swipe into front desk
- Must wear appropriate workout clothing (see below)
- (NEW Fall 2022) Shirts are to be worn at all times. It is encouraged to cover the entire torso, including abdomen and back, to aid in the prevention of skin-transmitted diseases and bacteria.
- At minimum, it is required that tops and bottoms must be worn that cover the chest and buttocks.
- Jeans and other items of clothing that are restrictive are not permitted. Pants or shorts with belts, studs, rivets, or exposed zippers are not permitted as they can tear the vinyl on the equipment.
- Must have change of shoes – OUTSIDE SHOES are prohibited
- Must wear closed toe shoes
- NO sandals, high heels, bare feet, or hard soled footwear
- Clothing with offensive language and/or graphics is prohibited
- Re-rack weights when finished
- ABUSE or MISUSE of equipment WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
- Slamming or dropping weight plates will result in loss of fitness privileges
- Weight collars are to be used on bars at all times
- Return equipment to proper area when finished
- Wipe down equipment and/or machines after use
- Obscene language or gestures WILL NOT be tolerated
- Bringing a lock for daily lockers is strongly encouraged
- Bags or backpacks are NOT permitted on the Fitness Center floor
- Food or drinks other than water in a closed container are prohibited
- Report all accidents and/or injuries
- Full Time Student – Included in Tuition
- Part Time Student – $35 per Semester
- Faculty/Staff/Spouse $180 Full Payment – 1 Calendar Year or $9 Payroll Deduction – Year Round Usage
- Summer – $35; students must be enrolled in classes for Fall semester.
You can find the Campus Recreation & Well-Being offices inside the Fitness Center.
**Facility use limited to CURRENT students, faculty/staff, and spouses.**
All payments (except guest passes) for the facility may be made by clicking HERE.
Guest passes are available for $10 per day with a current member. Must be purchased during business hours (Mon-Fri from 9am-5pm) in the Harre Union Student Life Suite.
NOTE: Facility hours may vary based on university schedule and/or other events. Please make sure you are checking our hours online before attending the Fitness Center.
1109 Union Street
Valparaiso, IN. 46383
Director of Campus Recreation & Well-Being
219.464.5000 ext. 7068