About our Facilities
- The Fitness Center, located next to the ARC, has a vast array of cardio equipment and strength machines to keep Valpo students, faculty, and staff strong and fit.
- The Campus Recreation & Well-Being offices are also located inside of the Fitness Center.
- The Athletics-Recreation Center (ARC) is a combination of facilities covering more than 142,000 square feet of space devoted to athletics, physical education, and recreation.
- Features include the swimming pool, seven playing floors, a nine-lap-per-mile running track, and a 5,100-seat arena that is home to the varsity basketball and volleyball teams.
Athletics-Recreation Center Pool
- The Athletics-Recreation Center Pool is home to the Valparaiso University swimming program. Built in 1962, the six-lane, 25 yard pool, is located on the ground floor of the ARC. Locker room facilities are located directly off of the pool area.
- Located near Beacon Hall, the Valparaiso University Tennis Complex has 9 courts, including several with lights. The courts are set up on three banks of three courts each, to help enhance the viewing of the action.
- Students that wish to rent tennis equipment may do so at The Rack for free with their Valpo OneCard.
Sand Volleyball Courts
- Brandt Court: Located directly next to Brandt Hall is a centrally located court for the Valparaiso University community to play on.
- West Campus Court: Located directly next to the fitness center is the recently constructed sand volleyball court that is available to the Valparaiso University community.
- Often, intramural leagues & special events are held at these spaces.
- Brown Field (pictured) is home to our football & soccer teams. This space is primarily used for varsity athletics as well as intramural sports.
- The East Gate Athletic Complex is home to our soccer & intramural fields and Emory Bauer Field. It is located east of Sturdy Road across from the east entrance to campus.
- The West Campus Rec Fields are located just to the northwest of Brown Field. Whenever intramural and clubs sports are not taking place, students are more than welcome to play on this space.
Disc Golf Course
- With a 9 hole layout, the Valparaiso University campus disc golf course is a great place for beginner players to play. New tee-pads and signage were recently installed in the 2022-23 academic year.
- Students, faculty, and staff of Valparaiso University can rent discs at the Harre Union during open hours
Outdoor Basketball Courts
- Beacon Hall: Located next to Beacon Hall is an outdoor court centrally located for the Valpo community to play on.
- Mound Street: Located off of Mound Street is another outdoor court that can be used for free play.