Extended Stay Housing
The residence halls close on WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2019 at NOON. Students MUST VACATE the buildings by this time.
EXTENDED STAY HOUSING QUALIFICATIONS
All students are expected to vacate their university housing by this time. Students who meet the following criteria may apply for extended stay housing in their building:
- International Students
- VU athletes competing in a season sport
- Current senior graduating in May 2019
- Sibling of a graduating senior who also attends Valparaiso University
- Students participating in graduation ceremonies (choral, band, orchestra, ushers, etc.)
- Students registered for Summer Session I, who are staying in University-owned summer housing
- Student workers who are essential for campus operations
HOW TO APPLY FOR EXTENDED STAY HOUSING
Extended Stay Housing applications are available on your Housing Self-Service. To access your Housing Self-Service page log onto DataVU then select “Housing Self-Service.” Once on your Housing Self-Service page, select the “Applications” tab and then select the “Extended Stay Request.”
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT OUR EXTENDED STAY HOUSING PAGE HERE.
On-campus housing is available for students as space permits. Students must be registered in a credit-bearing academic course while residing in summer housing. Uptown East Apartments- Building 2 will be used for Summer Housing. Applications become available Monday, April 1, 2019.
Summer Housing Information and Dates:
Session I: Monday, May 20-Saturday, June 29
- Students residing in Summer Housing for Session I MUST complete an Extended Stay Application to stay in their current housing from Wednesday, May 15-Monday, May 20. Extended Stay Applications will be available until Monday, May 6 at 5 pm via Housing Self-Service.
- All students residing in Summer I housing will reside in temporary housing in Scheele or Alumni Hall for approximately 2 weeks until space is ready in the Uptown East Apartments.
- If a student is only in summer housing for Session I, the student must check out of their residence hall space by Noon on Saturday, June 29.
Session II: Sunday, June 30-Saturday, August 10
- Students residing in Summer II housing ONLY can check in starting at Noon on Sunday, June 30.
- All students residing in Summer II housing will reside in the Uptown East Apartments until noon Sunday, July 28. They will transition to Alumni Hall for the remainder of the summer session, to prepare spaces for the upcoming Academic year.
- All students will be expected to move out of summer housing by noon on Saturday, August 10.
Summer Housing Applications are available online through DataVU. Students then access their Housing Self-Service and complete the “Summer 1 and-or Summer 2 On-Campus Housing Application”. Applications are due by Monday, April 29, 2019.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT OUR SUMMER HOUSING PAGE HERE.
- About Valpo Residential Life
- Residence Halls
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Residential Life Newsletters
- Academic Resource Guide and Student Handbook (PDF)
- Academic Calendars
- Title IX Information (discrimination and harassment policies and procedures)
Sunday, January 6
Residence Halls Open for Spring Semester at Noon Central Time
Wednesday, January 9
First Day of Spring Classes
Saturday, March 2
Residence Halls Close for Spring Break at Noon Central Time
Sunday, March 17
Residence Halls Open after Spring Break at Noon Central Time
Friday, April 19
Good Friday (No Classes, Halls will remain open)
Tuesday, May 7
Last Day of Spring Classes
Wednesday, May 15
Residence Halls Close at Noon Central Time
Monday, May 20
Summer 1 Housing Opens
Tuesday, May 21
First Day of Summer 1 Classes
Friday, June 28
Last Day of Summer 1 Classes
Saturday, June 29
Summer 1 Housing Closes at Noon
Sunday, June 30
Summer 2 Housing Opens
Monday, July 1
First Day of Summer 2 Classes
Friday, August 9
Last Day of Summer 2 Classes
Saturday, August 10
Summer 2 Housing Closes at Noon
Saturday, August 17
Tuesday, August 20
First Day of Fall Classes
Fall Break (No Classes, Halls will remain open)
November 23- December 1
Saturday, November 23
Residence Halls Close for Thanksgiving Break at Noon Central Time
Sunday, December 1
Residence Halls Open after Thanksgiving Break at Noon Central Time
Friday, December 6
Last Day of Fall Classes
December 14-January 5
Saturday, December 14
Residence Halls Close for Winter Break at Noon Central Time