Care & Concerns Committee
The Valparaiso University Care and Concerns Committee (CCC) is composed of representatives from a range of departments to proactively support and address the needs of students who are not able to be fully engaged on campus due to personal or institutional challenges.
The purpose of the Care and Concerns Committee is to provide faculty, staff, and students a centralized place to report concerns about students who are experiencing a situation that is impeding their ability to be fully engaged on campus. The team’s purpose is not intended to be reactive or punitive, but rather proactive, in order to identify students in challenging situations and connect with them before their situation becomes a crisis.
Students who may have suffered a significant loss, relationship crisis, illness, injury, hospitalization, personal or family situation, or resource insecurity affecting access to housing, food, academic books/supplies, or any other basic needs.
The Care & Concerns Committee consists of professional staff members across campus who are able to assist in providing support to a student in need. The committee collaborates with one another to develop a support outreach plan for connecting students with appropriate resources.
- Noelle Pease, Committee Chair, Student Life
- Ryan Blevins, Student Life
- Katie Bye, Residential Life
- Jennifer Easthope, Enrollment Management
- Christina Hearne, Access and Accommodations Resource Center
- Katherine Museus Dabay, University Pastor
- Natalie Muskin-Press, Counseling Center
- Lezlie Ontiveros, Multicultural Programs
- James Wetzstein, University Pastor
OFF CAMPUS RESOURCES:
- Community Resources (Indiana, Illinois and Michigan)