Scott Duncan, Ph.D.
Scott Duncan, Ph.D. Chair and Professor of Mechanical Engineering email@example.com 219.464.5785 Gellersen Center, Room 207
B.S. – Purdue University
Ph.D. – University of Florida
- Intro to Manufacturing Laboratory
- Machine Design
- Technical Writing for Engineers
Areas of Specialization
- Development of the Markiewicz Solar Energy Research Facility
- High speed machining
- Machine tool dynamics
- Development of Solar Furnace
- Machine Tool Dynamics and High Speed Machining: The research focuses on optimizing machining parameters in high speed machining applications.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- American Society for Engineering Education
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Tau Beta Pi
- An Exploratory Study of the Solar Thermal Electrolytic Production of Mg from MgO, Energy – The International Journal, In Press
- Modeling and Experimental Investigation of a Helmholtz Resonator with a Flexible Plate, ASME Journal of Vibrations and Acoustics, 2013
- Solar Thermal Electrolytic Process for the Production of Zn from ZnO: The Electrolysis of ZnO from 1275 to 1500 K, Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, 2011
- A Braille Press Project: Improving the Literacy of the World’s Visually Impaired, International Journal for Service Learning in Engineering, 2010
- A Solar Thermal Electrolytic Reactor for Studying the Production of Metals form Their Oxides, Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, 2010
- “Solar Thermal Electrolytic Process for the Production of Zn from ZnO: An Ionic Conductivity Study”, Journal of Solar Energy of Engineering, 2009
- “Rotating Tool Point Frequency Response Prediction Using RCSA”, International Journal of Machining Science and Technology, 2007
- “Shrink Fit Tool Holder Connection Stiffness/Damping Modeling for Frequency Response Prediction in Milling”, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 2006
- “Receptance Coupling for Dynamics Prediction of Assemblies with Coincident Neutral Axes”, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 2006
- “Uncertainty Propagation for Selected Analytical Milling Stability Limit Analysis”, Transactions of the NAMRI/SME, 2006
- “Three-Component Receptance Coupling Substructure Analysis for Tool Point Dynamics Prediction”, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 2005
- “An Investigation of the Dynamic Absorber Effect in High-Speed Machining”, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 2005
- Mechanics of Materials
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Processes
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Senior Design
- Technical Writing for Mechanical Engineers
- Machine Design
- Zuhdi Aljobeh, Ph.D., P.E.
- Michael Doria, Ph.D.
- Scott Duncan, Ph.D.
- Navdeep K. Dhaliwal, Ph.D.
- Jay Grossman, Ph.D., P.E.
- Eric Johnson, Ph.D.
- Peter Johnson, Ph.D.
- Reva Johnson, Ph.D.
- Sami Khorbotly, Ph.D.
- Peter Krenzke, Ph.D.
- Bethany Luke, Ph.D.
- Dan Maguire, Ph.D.
- Jennifer Marley, Ph.D.
- Shahin Nudehi, Ph.D., P.E.
- Carmine Polito, Ph.D., P.E.
- Anne Raich, Ph.D.
- Doug Tougaw, Ph.D., P.E.
- Luke Venstrom, Ph.D.
- Peter Weiss, Ph.D., P.E.
- Ruth Wertz, Ph.D.,P.E.
- Jeffrey Will, Ph.D.
- Dan White, Ph.D.
- Di Zhang, Ph.D.