Shahin Nudehi, Ph.D., P.E.
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Gellersen Hall, Room 202
B.S.- Mechanical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
M.S.- Mechanical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
M.S.- Electrical Engineering, Michigan State University
Ph.D.- Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University
M.S.-Electrical Engineering, (2016-Present) University of Wisconsin-Madison USA
Licensed Professional Engineer – Indiana
Mechanical Engineering Department:
- Automatic Control
- Automatic Controls Laboratory
- Circuit Laboratory
- Electric Machine Laboratory
- Finite Element Methods
- Heat Power Laboratory
- Heat Transfer
- Manufacturing Laboratory
- Measurement Laboratory
- Senior Design I and II
- Vibrations Laboratory
Electrical Engineering Department:
- Electric Machines and Drivers
Dalian University in China:
- Acoustic and Vibrations
- Nonlinear and Robust Control Theories
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Tau Beta Pi
- Nudehi, S. S., Duncan, G. S., and Venstrom, L. J., 2019. “Heliostat attitude control strategy in the solar energy research facility of Valparaiso university”. Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, pp. 1–32, 2019.
- Kurdi, M., Nudehi, S., and Duncan, G. S., 2019. “Tailoring plate thickness of a Helmholtz resonator for improved sound attenuation”. Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 141(3), pp. 34-50, 2019.
- Nudehi, S. S., Newendyke, R., Antonides, D., and Zange, T., 2018. “Speed control of shunt-wound dc motors using switching technique”. In ASME 2018 Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, September 30–October 3, 2018.
- Shahin Nudehi; Carol Larson; William Prusinski, Dan Kotfer, Jordan Otto, Evan Beyers, Jonathan Schoer,” Solar thermal decoupled water electrolysis process II: An extended investigation of the anodic electrochemical reaction” Chemical Engineering Science, Volume 181, May 2018, Pages 159-172.
- Shahin Nudehi, Shaffer Dehmlow, and Devin Clark, “Position Control of a Floating Ball in a Vertical Air Stream” ASME 2017 IMECE Conference, Nov 3-9, Tampa, Florida.
- Shahin Nudehi, Ryan Taylor, and Amanda Jaacks, “Speed Control of a Shunt DC motor with an Axial Fan” ASME 2017 IMECE Conference, Nov 3-9, Tampa, Florida.
- M. Korenko, C Larson, K.Blood, R.Palumbo, S. Nudehi, R. Diver, D. Blood, and L. Venstrom, “Technical and economic evaluation of a solar thermal MgO electrolysis process for magnesium production”, Journal of Energy, Volume 135, 15 September 2017, Pages 182-194.
- N. Leonard, M. Korenkoa, C. Larson, K. Blood, L.J. Venstrom, S. Nudehi, S. Duncan, R. Diver, F. Simko, J. Priscak, J. Schoer, P.T. Kissinger, R. Palumbo,” The Thermal electrolytic production of Mgo: A discussion of the electrochemical reaction kinetics and requisite mass transfer processes”. Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 148, pp. 155-169, July 2016
Analysis of Machine Elements Using SOLIDWORKS Simulation
2018 co-wrote by John R. Steffen
- PI in a proposal submitted to Indiana Space Grant Consortium. Received $5000.00 to create a Gyroscopic Tilt Control at Valparaiso University, 2019.
- PI in a proposal submitted to Indiana Space Grant Consortium. Received $5000.00 to create a wireless pyrheliometer for Solar Research Facility at Valparaiso University, 2018.
- Received the 2017 Valparaiso University Alumni Award for Continuing Education; Total of $2500.00.
- Co-PI in a proposal submitted to the US Department of Energy. Received $2.3M to develop Magnesium from Magnesium Oxide using Solar Energy, 2014.
- Co-PI in a proposal submitted to NSF. Received $290,000.00 to study the feasibility of using Solar Energy to generate Hydrogen, 2014.
- Zuhdi Aljobeh, Ph.D., P.E.
- Daniel Blood, Ph.D.
- Mark Budnik, Ph.D.
- Michael Doria, Ph.D.
- Scott Duncan, Ph.D.
- Georges El-Howayek, Ph.D.
- Craig Goehler, Ph.D.
- Jay Grossman, Ph.D., P.E.
- Eric Johnson, Ph.D.
- Peter Johnson, Ph.D.
- Reva Johnson, Ph.D.
- Sami Khorbotly, Ph.D.
- Peter Krenzke, Ph.D.
- Bethany Luke, Ph.D.
- Dan Maguire, Ph.D.
- Jennifer Marley, Ph.D.
- Shahin Nudehi, Ph.D., P.E.
- Carmine Polito, Ph.D., P.E.
- Anne Raich, Ph.D.
- Doug Tougaw, Ph.D., P.E.
- Luke Venstrom, Ph.D.
- Peter Weiss, Ph.D., P.E.
- Ruth Wertz, Ph.D.,P.E.
- Jeffrey Will, Ph.D.
- Dan White, Ph.D.
- Di Zhang, Ph.D.