This 15-credit certificate is open to graduate students who are interested in acquiring or expanding skills in digital media, a field that encompasses video and audio production, graphic design and digital publishing, and multimedia and website communication. The certificate emphasizes both skill proficiency and integration in a multimedia environment.
The employment market for this certificate includes:
- Working professionals who wish to acquire or expand skills in a variety of digital modalities in order to adapt to market changes (examples: journalism, sports administration, marketing, nonprofit management, arts and entertainment administration, information technology, and education).
- Working professionals whose organizations ask them to contract for services in digital media, or to supervise creative projects. The certificate can help anyone to become a better consumer and critic of digital media.
Benefits to students:
- Coursework offers hands-on opportunities for students to build a multimedia portfolio and to produce work for actual clients.
- Faculty range from working professionals in the industry to academics with unique areas of specialization. Strong industry connections expose students to current issues in real time to socialize students to the professional workplace, while a critical-cultural perspective on historic and contemporary practices promotes critical thinking and lifelong learning.
- Students have access to high-definition video and audio production studios and field equipment and post-production labs. Student-run campus media organizations are also located in Schnabel Hall.
- Many internships are available in digital media, including paid internships.
|COMM 500||Graduate Digital Media||3 credits|
|One course from the following options:
Three additional elective courses from the following options:
Transfer credits may not be applied to this certificate.