Events, Camps & Conferences
Let us provide an inviting space to host your next business meeting or conference, wedding ceremony/reception, faith-based meeting or youth gathering. Our spacious campus of more than 350 acres boasts more than 60 academic and residential buildings and offers a variety of meeting and event spaces to accommodate your needs. We look forward to showcasing your event while minimizing your effort.
Are you interested in hosting your event at Valparaiso University? Complete our information form below and our team will be in touch with you about your event.
Why Host Your Event at Valpo?
While there are many reasons that the Valparaiso University campus is a great fit for visitors looking to host a camp or conference, here are a few highlights.
- Inexpensive Housing – Less expensive than a hotel and conveniently located near meetings and events for your attendees
- Free Parking and WiFi Access – No need to worry about additional charges
- Built-in Audio/Visual Equipment – Our staff will set-up standard A/V for each event
- Convenient Meals & Meetings – All under one roof, our dining and catering makes meals simple
- Location – Near Chicago, the Indiana National Lakeshore, and in a beautiful city full of amenities including an award-winning downtown
Residence Hall Accommodations
We offer several options for those seeking on campus housing options for their overnight camps. With 6+ residential halls available, several styles and accommodations can be arranged for guests. Please find additional information about residence halls here.
Accommodations may include:*
- Air conditioned rooms
- Suite style living
- Community gathering and lounge spaces
- Laundry facilities
- ADA accessible facilities
- Kitchen spaces
*Not all accommodations are available in each residence hall.
Rates and linen rental are available upon request.
You’ll enjoy exceptional catering and banquet services through Valparaiso University’s Catering Department hosted by Parkhurst Dining, whether you wish to provide refreshments or are planning a full-scale reception. Our executive chef and catering staff understand that great food is a key element to the success of an event, and they are eager to work with you to create a menu that will impress your guests. All of our menu items are prepared onsite at the Harre Union to ensure the freshest possible fare.
Prior to your event, you will have the opportunity to meet with the catering manager to familiarize yourself with everything we offer to meet your catering and dining needs. Linens, fine china and flatware, and other finishing details are also available. For more information visit the Valpo Catering page.
Our main dining room, located on the east side of the Harre Union, accommodates 620 guests in a spacious dining area. Founders Table offers an excellent selection of fresh food, from Naples-style pizza, char-broiled steaks, chops, and seafood, to Chef’s Corner offers comfort foods, and ethnic and vegetarian menu items are prepared as you watch. Also available is a splendid daily selection of stir-fry, sautéed items, and freshly prepared sandwiches, new barbecue and international stations, as well as a large garden salad bar. For more information, visit the Valpo Dining Founders Table page.
The Valparaiso University campus has many wonderful facilities that can be reserved for camps and conference groups. Reservable spaces in the Harre Union can be found here.
Additional Facilities Include:
- Athletic and Recreational spaces (gym, tennis courts, volleyball courts, swimming pool and more)
- Worship space (Chapel of the Resurrection)
- Classroom spaces of various styles
- Outdoor and green spaces
- Musical performance spaces
For more information or inquiries about hosting your event at Valparaiso University, please contact the Harre Union Staff at 219.464.5007