The Harre Union has student employees on the following teams: event services, event management assistants, welcome desk attendants, mail services desk attendants, and The Bell and Beacon attendants. You must be a sophomore, junior, or senior with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA to be eligible for these positions.
Most Event Services Staff work approximately 8-16 hours per week including a bi-weekly weekend rotation. Early mornings and late-night hours are possible and should be expected.
- Complete all meeting room setups as listed in the Daily Operations/Logistics Report.
- Set up and operate audio/visual equipment, sound systems, and video projectors as needed.
- Complete rounds of the building, guaranteeing overall building appearance, safety, and customer satisfaction.
- Understand thoroughly the day-to-day operations of the Christopher Center Community Room, the Muller Refectory, and the VUCA lobby. This includes the physical facilities’ needs as well as staff resources and roles with an emphasis on event operations and technology.
- Provide quality customer service to faculty, staff, students and visitors of the University.
- Manage reservation requests via email, telephone, and walk-up requests from a variety of customers.
- Oversee marketing aspects of the reservations process including flyers and display cases.
- Communicate important building policies and procedures to customers at the time of booking a reservation.
- Work with building operations and student staff to communicate most up-to-date information regarding new and changing reservations.
Most Bell and Beacon Staff work approximately 6-10 hours per week including a bi-weekly weekend rotation. Early mornings and late-night hours are possible and should be expected.
- Accurately manage the cash operation from rentals.
- Maintain the building’s Lost and Found service.
- Assist in the management and execution of programs for students happening inside the space.
- Assist in the rental of the game room and outdoor equipment.
Most Welcome Desk staff work approximately 6-10 hours per week including a bi-weekly weekend rotation. Early mornings and late-night hours are possible and should be expected.
- Provide accurate information and answers to questions, both from telephone requests and visitors to the Union, about both Valparaiso University and the Harre Union, and all of their programs and services.
- Provide quality customer service to faculty, staff, students, and visitors of the University, including community partners, camps and conference guests, and the general public.
- Accurately manage the cash operation, which includes the sales of tickets and faxes.
- Process a variety of ticket requests for various campus events using online ticketing software.
Camps and Conference Undergraduate Student Assistants (CAs) will provide overall support for all facets of the Summer Camps and Conferences Program at Valparaiso University. Conference staff members are responsible for servicing the needs of conference groups and their participants housed in the residence halls. This includes administrative, clerical and physical operations necessary to provide housing and support services to conference participants, and involvement in all phases of the conference program, including pre-conference preparation and post-conference follow-up.
Once logged into Handshake, click on the Jobs and Internships tab, and search for your desired position.
Once selected, you will need appropriate hire documentation, such as driver’s license, Social Security card and/or birth certificate, or passport. Please plan accordingly.
If you have any questions about future openings, our process, or our timeline, please email email@example.com