Whether you are preparing to attend Valpo or you are already part of our international community, our office is dedicated to serving your needs as an international student while helping to create a supportive environment in which to live and study.
Attention to Students
- When you need to request shipping from the Office of International Programs, eShipGlobal is the most convenient method. Click here to find an explanation on how to use eShipGlobal and for links to the site.
STEM OPT Update
- The Department of Homeland Security recently published a new regulation on STEM OPT Extension, effective May 10, 2016. Details on this new regulation can be found on the Study in the States website.
New Students Traveling to Valpo
- New students coming to Valparaiso University should fly into O’Hare International Airport or Midway International Airport in Chicago. The International Programs staff will help coordinate your transportation from the airport to Valparaiso University. As part of your pre-arrival checklist, fill out the travel form in iValpo.
Housing in Valpo
If you are traveling outside the U.S. for a break…
- You need a signature on your I-20 or DS-2019 within six months of your return to the U.S. Bring your forms to the International Programs office to be signed if needed.
- For information regarding your course schedule, please contact the advisor listed on your admission letter.
Extension of your I-20 or DS-2019
- If you are unable to complete your program by the program end date, you need to request an extension. Please call 219.464.5333 to schedule an appointment.
- The Student Health Center provides treatment and preventive care for a variety of student needs. We are a primary care clinic that treats the majority of injuries and illnesses.