Cohort Registration for Classes
All first semester students in the MSIT program are required to take foundational IT courses for successful completion of the program. These include:
- IT 502 Introduction to Programming (3 credits)
- IT 510 Introduction to Information Technology (3 credits)
- IT 600 Ethics in IT (3 credits)
- GRD 500 Graduate Student Success (for international students only, zero credit course)
Before Classes Begin
All new students within the MSIT program are expected to complete three main tasks before classes begin:
- Arrive at Valparaiso at least 1 week before the registration starts – the Graduate School contacts all new students regarding New Student Orientation.
- Meet with Kimberly Tomkiewicz during New Student Orientation to register for classes.
- Obtain your One Card at the Harre Union building.
Advising Hold – Academic Advising holds will be placed on your account prior to registration. You must communicate with your advisor regarding your intended schedule to have the advising hold lifted from your account.
Graduate School – The Graduate School may have an administrative hold on your account.