Add Dependent I-20


Students with active F-1 status may request a dependent I-20 for their spouse or child. International Programs must review the dependent’s passport photo page and a recent financial guarantee covering both the dependent(s) and student for one academic year (see Certification of Finances Worksheet on this page). If approved, International Programs will then create a dependent I-20 with which the dependent(s) may apply for an F-2 visa in their home country.

Please be aware that the actual F-2 visa application will likely require more documentation than International Programs needs to make the dependent I-20. Please check with your U.S. consulate to confirm exactly what documents the dependent will need to present during the visa interview.

How to Apply for Dependent I-20

Please fill out an e-form request on iValpo.

  • Log in to ‘Full Client Services,’ the blue button, using your Valpo username and password.
  • Find the ‘Dependent I-20 Request’ e-form under the ‘F-1 Student Services’ tab.
  • Fill out and submit the e-form; allow five business days for processing. You will receive an email when your request is approved and the new I-20s are ready to pick up.

Send this to a friend