Valparaiso University is residential by design. Living on campus represents an integral component of the mission of the institution by providing living and learning experiences which lead to a student’s growth and development, and an enhancement of one’s total education at Valpo. Because residency is such an important aspect of the Valpo experience, Valparaiso University has a three-year residency requirement. All undergraduate students are expected to reside in campus housing for six (6) semesters.
Resident Assistant Selection
Do you want to shape the residence hall experience for others? Resident Assistants (RAs) help their fellow students and create a welcoming community where students feel like they belong.
- Monday, May 17 Summer 1 Housing Opens
- Tuesday, May 18 First Day of Summer 1 Classes
- Friday, June 25 Last Day of Summer 1 Classes
- Saturday, June 26 Summer 1 Housing Closes at Noon
- Sunday, June 27 Summer 2 Housing Opens at Noon
- Monday, June 28 First Day of Summer 2 Classes
- Friday, August 6 Last Day of Summer 2 Classes
- Saturday, August 7 Summer 2 Housing Closes at Noon
All mail for students living on campus is delivered to their mailbox in the Harre Union. A student’s mail unit number can be found on their DataVU profile. To make sure it is properly delivered, please use this format on letters and packages:
1509 Chapel Drive, Unit [number]
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Please note: Using a different format, omitting information, or including “Valparaiso University” could delay the delivery.