Valparaiso University is residential by design. Living on campus represents an integral component of the mission of the institution by providing living and learning experiences which lead to a student’s growth and development, and an enhancement of one’s total education at Valpo. Because residency is such an important aspect of the Valpo experience, Valparaiso University has a three-year residency requirement. All undergraduate students are expected to reside in campus housing for six (6) semesters.
Resident Assistant Selection
Do you want to shape the residence hall experience for others? Resident Assistants (RAs) help their fellow students and create a welcoming community where students feel like they belong.
- Wednesday, August 12 First-Year Move-In Day
- Thursday, August 13-Sunday, August 16 Upper-Class Move-In
- Monday, August 17 First Day of Fall Classes
- Wednesday, November 18 Last Day of Fall Classes
- November 20-24 Final Exams
- Wednesday, November 25 Residence Halls Close for Winter Break at 9AM Central Time
- November 25-January 24 Winter Break
All mail for students living on campus is delivered to their mailbox in the Harre Union. A student’s mail unit number can be found on their DataVU profile. To make sure it is properly delivered, please use this format on letters and packages:
1509 Chapel Drive, Unit [number]
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Please note: Using a different format, omitting information, or including “Valparaiso University” could delay the delivery.