Valparaiso University is residential by design. Living on campus represents an integral component of the mission of the institution by providing living and learning experiences which lead to a student’s growth and development, and an enhancement of one’s total education at Valpo. Because residency is such an important aspect of the Valpo experience, Valparaiso University has a three-year residency requirement. All undergraduate students are expected to reside in campus housing for six (6) semesters.
Resident Assistant Selection
Do you want to shape the residence hall experience for others? Resident Assistants (RAs) help their fellow students and create a welcoming community where students feel like they belong.
- Saturday, August 21 First-Year Move-In Day
- Sunday, August 22-Tuesday, August 24 Upper-Class Move-In
- Wednesday, August 25 First Day of Fall Classes
- Saturday, November 20 Residence Halls Close for Thanksgiving Break at Noon Central Time
- November 20-November 28 Thanksgiving Break
- Sunday, November 28 Residence Halls Open from Thanksgiving Break at Noon Central Time
- Friday, December 10 Last Day of Fall Classes
- December 13-17 Final Exams
- Friday, December 17 Residence Halls Close for Winter Break at Noon Central Time
- December 18-January 11 Winter Break
All mail for students living on campus is delivered to their mailbox in the Harre Union. A student’s mail unit number can be found on their DataVU profile. To make sure it is properly delivered, please use this format on letters and packages:
1509 Chapel Drive, Unit [number]
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Please note: Using a different format, omitting information, or including “Valparaiso University” could delay the delivery.