International Admission Process
Valpo’s supportive faculty and inclusive community welcome international students. In 2018, students from 38 countries studied at Valpo. We know applying from overseas can be challenging, so we’ve made our admission process as simple and efficient as possible. Follow the steps below. If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 001-219-464-5011.
We need the following documents to complete your application:
- Your application to Valparaiso University
- A copy of your passport
- An official copy of your high school transcripts, with an English translation if they are in another language. Your transcripts are considered official if:
- They are sent directly from your guidance counselor or another high school official.
- You bring them to campus in a sealed and stamped envelope that came directly from your high school.
- They are sent directly from a credential evaluator, such as WES or ECE.
- They are directly from a government sponsoring organization or EducationUSA officer.
- Test Scores and Proof of English Proficiency.
- If you are an international student and need a visa to study in the U.S., you must submit one of the following: SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP, A and O Levels, or IB. (You may submit more than one type of test if you wish.)
- Valparaiso University has several University to University partnerships. Only through these partnerships students may meet English proficiency through an agreed upon memorandum of understanding (MoU).
- Valparaiso University International Admissions is currently accepting the Duolingo Test (which you can take online in your home) due to COVID-19 virus testing center closures. We understand these closures may impact you and make it difficult to meet English proficiency test requirements for admission at this time.
The following are acceptable scores:
- SAT (Reading & Writing score of 500)
- ACT (English score of 24)
- TOEFL (75 iBT minimum)
- ELTS (6.0 minimum)
- iTEP (3.8 or higher)
- PTE (56 or higher)
- GCE or GCSE English exam (Grade of A or B)
- IB Higher Level English Exam (Score of 5, 6, or 7, or grade A or B)
- Duolingo (100 or higher) in light of COVD-19 (subject to change)
- Completion of at least two consecutive years of high school and graduating from a United States-based high school are also acceptable proof of English proficiency
- Completion of Level 112 at an ELS Language Center. Conditional admission is available for students who have not yet met our English Proficiency requirements.
Submit supporting documents via
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 001-219-464-6898
- Mail: 1620 Chapel Drive, Valparaiso, IN 46383, USA
We’re here to help. Just contact us. We’ll respond quickly, and we won’t share or sell your information, or send a bunch of emails (unless you want us to).