In the interdependent world of the 21st century, no business is unaffected by global events, and the opportunity to experience another culture through study abroad is a priceless aid in learning to understand international exchange.
Valpo Study-Abroad Programs
Valparaiso University offers 19 Study Abroad programs around the world. In addition, Valpo’s four study centers (Cambridge, England; Reutlingen, Germany; Hangzhou, China; and San José, Costa Rica) provide group trips and excursions, a topics course on the life and culture of the host country, and specialized housing, all under the guidance of an on-site resident director. More About Study Abroad at Valpo »
Study Business Ethics at Reutlingen this Summer 2021!
Students can take Business Ethics (MGT 305) this June 2021 at the Valpo Study Center of Reutlingen University. The itinerary will factor in significant precautions against COVID-19 while staying in a less populated area of Germany. Students will still be immersed in different commercial, social, cultural, and linguistic experiences. Contact Professor Matthew Luth for more details.
Focus on Business
While students in the College of Business are eligible to study abroad in any of Valpo’s programs (or, with approval, programs administered by other universities), a couple of Valpo’s offerings are especially tailored for business students.
Students in the College of Business’ Enhanced International Business in German program spend a full academic year in Reutlingen, where they take courses at Valpo’s Reutlingen Study Center and business electives at the Hochschule Reutlingen, Valpo’s partner institution. The program includes an internship with a German business professional.
LA ROCHELLE, FRANCE
Valpo’s exchange partnership with La Rochelle Business School on France’s Atlantic coast offers a special opportunity for students to study business and develop their French language skills in this private business school of 1,600 students. La Rochelle Business School students also come to Valparaiso University for a semester of study.
Business courses are offered at the following Valpo Study Centers and partner institutions:
- The Valparaiso University Study Centers:
- in Cambridge, England
- in Reutlingen, Germany
- in Hangzhou, China
- in San José, Costa Rica
- Through the exchange program with the La Rochelle Business School on France’s Atlantic Coast
- Exchange and cooperative programs at:
- The Universidad Viña del Mar in Valparaiso, Chile
- The Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge, England
- The Université Cergy–Pontoise in Pointoise, France
- The Hochschule für Kirchenmusik in Rottenburg, Germany
- The Eberhard-Karls-Universität in Tübingen, Germany
- Kansai Gaidai University between Osaka and Kyoto, Japan
- The Universidad de las Américas in Puebla, Mexico
- The Universidad de Zaragoza in Zaragoza, Spain
- The College Year in Athens in Athens, Greece
- The Budapest Semesters in Mathematics in Budapest, Hungary (for math majors)
- The Central College Abroad program in Granada, Spain
- The Boston University Internship program in Paris, France
- IES Abroad Nantes- French Language Immersion & Area Studies in Nantes, France
- Augsburg College in Windhoek, Namibia, and Soweto, South Africa
- CISabroad semester in Limerick in Limerick, Ireland
- CISabroad semester in Newcastle in Newcastle, Australia
- University College Utrecht in Utrecht, The Netherlands (for CC students)
Study Abroad Blogs
Valpo students blog about their study abroad experiences