Business Major Programs
EDUCATION FOR BUSINESS — AND FOR LIFE
At Valpo, we prepare students for both personal, as well as professional, success. Our undergraduate business program uses a three-pronged approach:
- The General Education Core of arts and sciences courses: this University-wide core strengthens your business communication and critical thinking skills while introducing you to global cultures and traditions. General Education Core: Details »
- The Business Core: this block of critical core courses gives you an overview of important business principles and tools. Business Core: Details »
- The Major Field: the major area you study will provide you with the specialized skills needed to earn a BSBA and successfully enter the business world in Accounting, Business Analytics, Finance, International Business, Management, or Marketing, Supply Chain and Logistics Management. Integrated Business and Engineering (BSIBE) includes a block of critical engineering courses to give you an overview of the process and technology of engineering. Each major requires a real-world application of your new skills through an Internship or Cooperative Education placement. During the senior year, each student participates in an integrative capstone course that focuses on policy determination while examining ethical and social issues that confront modern business organizations.
- Business Analytics
- Integrated Business and Engineering
- International Business
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management
The Value of Evaluation
In any business, understanding the status quo is a prerequisite to making the most of opportunities and changing the game. When you’re in the business of learning, the critical variable is you — and Valpo’s College of Business offers unique insight into your own progress through its Assessment Center.
The Assessment Center
The Assessment Center is a half-day program where students demonstrate their decision-making, communication, problem-solving skills through simulated business situations. These student-assessment sessions are videotaped and sent to Collegiate Assessment Partners where the sessions are reviewed by professionals. Each student receives an eight-page report summarizing their strengths and opportunities. Each Valpo Business major participates in the process twice during her or his college career.