Resources for a fruitful job search
Your four years at Valpo prepare you to excel at your future job. The Valpo Career Center prepares you to excel at finding your future job.
The Career Center services and events will give you a competitive advantage as you apply for sought-after career opportunities.
Through workshops, events, and one-on-one career counseling, you can learn a variety of skills that are crucial to a successful job search:
- How to identify your target industry and define your niche within it
- How to network with fellow alumni and employers
- How to set yourself apart with your resume
- How to give compelling, genuine answers in an interview
- And even how to eat politely in a business situation
The Career Center’s services teach you how to conduct a successful, self-sufficient job search — a talent you’ll carry with you throughout your career.
Career Center Events
- Career fairs and speed networking opportunities
- Career panels and information sessions
- Etiquette dinner and networking reception
- Mock interviews
- Networking trips to Chicago and Indianapolis
Career Center Services
- Career counseling
- Internship and co-op assistance
- Job search assistance
- Graduate school preparation
- On-campus interviewing