Registration for Summer and Fall 2021 will open on April 8th. After the add/drop period for the second half short courses in Spring 2021 has ended at noon on Friday, March 19th, the Office of the Registrar will add advising holds to student records and update the individual registration start times pertaining to summer and fall in DataVU. At that time, students will be able to view their registration start time by going to:
DataVU – Students Menu – Academic Profile – Student Restrictions – Web Registration Info
Students who will be taking summer and fall classes and do not receive a registration time by March 26th may email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To view the course schedule for Summer and Fall 2021, go to:
DataVU – Students Menu – Registration – Search for Sections
To prepare for advising and registration:
- Make an appointment with your primary advisor. Once you finalize the academic plan together, your advisor will resolve the advising restriction on your account.
- If you are a Christ College student, please also make an appointment with the Assistant Dean of Christ College.
- If you have any account holds shown under Student Restrictions, resolve them before your registration start time. If the “Current Restrictions (Holds)” list is blank, you do not have any holds to resolve.
- A list of Student Restrictions and Contact Information is available online.
- Only balances of $3,000 or more restrict registration. Student Accounts uses a separate notification for balances under $3,000 that allows registration without delay.
- If you plan to change any majors or minors, submit a Curriculum Change eForm as early as possible. Some courses are reserved for students with a related major or minor.
Please watch the DataVU Registration Tutorial for assistance with resolving holds, selecting courses, and online registration.
Registration services are unavailable between midnight and 7:00 am Central Time for systems maintenance. Registration changes made during this time will result in a message stating “It’s too early for your registration time.” Please retry after the maintenance window.
Your primary advisor and the Office of the Registrar are happy to answer any questions you have as we look forward to the summer and fall semesters.
Apply for Graduation
The Graduation Application is required, even for students who do not plan to participate in the Commencement Ceremony. You can apply up to one year before your last semester. This application begins the degree audit evaluation process and gives you the opportunity to tell us how you would like your name printed on your diploma. Your diploma name must match your current legal name as reflected on your official university record, but you can specify whether to include your middle name, middle initial, etc.
- View your degree audit online at any time. Use the Program Evaluation (degree audit) link, which is located on the Students menu in DataVU.
- Discuss your degree audit with your academic advisor and make a plan of study for the final year of your program.
- Resolve any unmet requirements on your degree audit by adjusting your registration or using the forms available online to request exceptions to the requirements published in the catalog.
- Complete a Graduation Application on the Students menu in DataVU.
- Only students that have submitted a Graduation Application are included in the mailing lists to receive important information about graduation and commencement.
- Information about graduation, commencement, regalia, senior portraits, and more is available online for your convenience.
We look forward to celebrating with you at Commencement!
Graduation Application Deadlines – Undergraduate
- May 2021 – October 1, 2020 *
- August 2021 ** – October 1, 2020 *
- December 2021 – April 1, 2021
- May 2022 – October 1, 2021
- August 2022 ** – October 1, 2021
- December 2022 – April 1, 2022
* If you intend to complete your program in May or August 2021, please submit your Graduation Application right away to avoid delays in graduation.
** Students who graduate in August participate in the spring commencement ceremony and receive diplomas after final degree requirements are met.
The Office of the Registrar will process final degree audits for all May 2021 graduation candidates after Spring final grades have been recorded. Students can view the degree audit online through DataVU at any time – until your final degree audit is complete, and the degree or certificate is posted on your transcript.
If you see any incomplete grades or other unmet degree requirements, please follow up with your instructor or academic advisor to resolve them as quickly as possible to avoid any delay in graduation.
If you would like to reschedule your graduation for a later semester and register for summer or fall classes, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Diplomas and Certificates
- Diplomas and certificate orders will be mailed to May 2021 graduates.
- Diplomas and certificates are ready within 30 days of the end of the semester. We do our best to distribute them as quickly as possible.
- We are unable to release diplomas or certificates to graduates with any outstanding obligations to the University. Please resolve any outstanding obligations with the appropriate offices before graduation. Check for holds on your account:
- Please use the Diploma Request form in DataVU to give us the address to which the diploma or certificate should be sent. We can only mail your diploma with this request on file.*
- DataVU – Students – Academic Profile – Diploma Request
- You may submit a Diploma Request now. Diplomas and certificates will be mailed to the address provided on the Diploma Request form as soon as they are printed.
- You may make changes to your order by going back to DataVU and updating the Diploma Request form any time before your diploma or certificate is mailed.
- Please make a note on the Diploma Request form if you need the diploma notarized.
- Because we understand that all of our graduates have post-graduation plans that require their diploma, transcript, or certificate as soon as possible, we give them all equally high priority. We are unable to expedite the processing of any specific record since it would cause a delay for others.
- Please visit the Diplomas page for more information
DataVU – Students – Academic Profile – Diploma Request
Official Transcript Orders
All transcript orders are placed through DataVU. Please watch for an email from the Office of the Registrar stating that your degree has been posted before you place your order. Degrees and certificates will not be posted on transcripts until final degree auditing is complete.
To order an official transcript, go to:
DataVU – Students – Academic Profile – Order an Official Transcript
* Students are responsible for shipping costs on orders to be mailed outside of the United States.