Congratulations to our Valpo graduates!
We have launched a new and improved diploma ordering experience! Graduating students will receive an email with instructions for claiming their printed and digital credentials.
IMPORTANT NOTE: New graduates receive an email with instructions for claiming their diploma or certificate. The Parchment transcript and replacement diploma ordering button below is only for ordering a replacement or duplicate diploma. If you’re a graduation candidate, please wait until you receive an email from Parchment within 30 days of completing your program.
- Graduates receive an email notification from Parchment to their Valpo email account when diplomas are available.
- Final degree audits are processed after all course grades for the full academic term are recorded.
- Diplomas are typically ready within 30 days of the end of the semester. We do our best to distribute them as quickly as possible.
- Diplomas for May graduates are available beginning in June.
- Diplomas for August graduates are available beginning in September.
- Diplomas for December graduates are available beginning in January.
- We are unable to release diplomas or certificates to graduates with any outstanding obligations to the University. Please resolve any outstanding obligations with the appropriate office(s) before graduation.
- Diplomas will not be given to a third party.
- Because we understand that all of our graduates have post-graduation plans that require their diploma, transcript, or certificate as soon as possible, we give them all equally high priority. We are unable to expedite the processing of any specific record since it would cause a delay for the rest.
- Graduates do not need to place an order in advance for a diploma; they receive an email to claim the original that the university orders on their behalf.
- Replacement diplomas and certificates can be ordered later using the same Parchment account currently used for transcript ordering.
Students who need to have their diploma and/or transcripts certified with an apostille or authentication for use outside of the United States need to have their documents notarized by a Notary Public in the Office of the Registrar.
Notarization confirms the authenticity of diplomas and transcripts and therefore documents must be notarized at the time of issuance. Contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.
Students are responsible for mailing their documents to the Indiana Secretary of State, Department of State, and/or their respective embassy, as appropriate for the country in which the documents are being used.
While our best effort is given to ensure your request is expedited, not all requests can be done the same day. Please allow sufficient time for notarization.
Apostille / Authentication Link: Indiana Secretary of State – How to obtain an Apostille or Authentication
Please contact email@example.com for additional assistance.
Due to limitations with the font and software used to print diplomas, we are unable to accept some special characters. For most students, the character set used will be sufficient to correctly render their given names. For any special characters for which there is no support, the closest unaccented English character will be used instead.