- Graduates will receive an email from the Office of the Registrar when diplomas are ready for pick up.
- Final degree audits are processed after all final grades for the full academic term are recorded.
- Diplomas are ready no more than 30 days after the end of the semester. We do our best to distribute them as quickly as possible.
- Diplomas for May graduates are printed in June.
- Diplomas for August graduates are printed in September.
- Diplomas for December graduates are printed in January.
- We are unable to release diplomas to graduates with any outstanding obligations to the University. Please resolve any outstanding obligations with the appropriate offices before graduation. Student restriction details are available through DataVU under the Students menu.
- A photo ID is required to pick up your diploma in the Office of the Registrar.
- If you are unable to pick up your diploma on campus, please use the Diploma Request form in DataVU under the Students menu to give us the address to which the diploma should be sent.
- You may submit a Diploma Request now. Diplomas will be mailed to the address provided on the Diploma Request form as soon as they are printed.
- You may make changes to your order by going back to DataVU and updating the Diploma Request form any time before your diploma is mailed.
- All diplomas must be either picked up in person by the graduate with photo identification or mailed to an address specified on the Diploma Request form in DataVU. Diplomas will not be given to a third party.
- Please make a note on the Diploma Request form if you need the diploma notarized.
- Because we understand that all of our graduates have post-graduation plans that require their diploma, transcript, or certificate as soon as possible, we give them all equally high priority. We are unable to expedite the processing of any specific record since it would cause a delay for the rest.
All duplicate diploma orders are to be placed using the Diploma Request form available through DataVU.
Duplicate diploma orders received during a student’s final semester, before the first diploma has been delivered, are free of charge. Thereafter, the cost for each duplicate diploma is $50.
The maximum number of free duplicate diplomas is four. This means that students may receive one original and four duplicate diplomas for a total of five free of charge in their first order, as long as the order is placed before the first diploma has been delivered at the end of the semester.
Please do not order more duplicate diplomas than you need. These are intended to help students whose governments require diplomas at the completion of their programs.
Students are responsible for shipping costs on orders to be mailed outside of the United States.
- The Office of the Registrar provides shipping cost information.
- The Finance Office accepts payment for all duplicate diploma fees and shipping costs.
- The Office of the Registrar mails diploma orders after it receives a receipt from the Finance Office.
The Office of the Registrar carefully packages each diploma that is mailed. Occasionally diplomas are damaged during shipping. If you receive a damaged diploma, we will be happy to replace it for you under the following conditions:
- Request for a replacement due to shipping damage must be made within 30 days of the original mailing date. Please email email@example.com to make such a request.
- The damaged diploma must be returned to the Office of the Registrar. If the diploma is to be returned by mail, it may be folded into a standard envelope to minimize shipping costs.
- Once the damaged diploma is received, Valparaiso University will reprint and send the new diploma to the address on the original diploma request.
Please see the Duplicate Diploma request policy above for requests that do not meet these conditions.