- Monitor your Degree Audit online to make sure all graduation requirements are met.
- Submit a Graduation Application.
- Order regalia for commencement through the Bookstore.
- Attend Grad Finale.
- Review your diploma and transcript information (degree(s), major(s), minor(s)) and name spelling with the Office of the Registrar.
- Complete a Diploma Request. You can order diploma or certificate delivery at any time. When it is ready for mail or pickup, you’ll receive an email notification.
- Request transcripts online. You can use the “Hold for degree” or “Hold for grades” options to perfectly time your order.
- Ensure all financial obligations are taken care of with Student Accounts.
- Watch for an email from Financial Aid. All graduating students who have borrowed Federal Direct Loans are required to complete Direct Loan Exit Counseling.
- Learn about resources available to students and alumni in the Career Center.
- Sign the class banner at Grad Finale. The class banner is displayed at Homecoming and Commencement.
- Celebrate your achievement at the Commencement Ceremony.
The following offices attend Grad Finale to provide helpful information to graduates. If you’re unable to attend Grad Finale, please contact them.
Jostens is the official regalia vendor for Valparaiso University.
- May 2018 graduates, order regalia online now.
- Deadline for ordering online through Jostens: 1/18/18
- Deadline for ordering online through Bookstore: 5/6/18
- Students who order by the Jostens deadline will be able to pick up their regalia during Grad Finale. Students who order after that will have delayed delivery.
- Payment will be required at the time of pickup in the Bookstore.
- Students will be notified via email when regalia is ready for pickup.
- Please try on your gown immediately after picking it up and contact the Bookstore if there are any sizing problems.
- Fall 2018 graduates, online ordering will begin in the fall. Additional information will be posted here as it becomes available.
Cap and Gown Pricing
The pricing below applies to 2017-18. Subject to change.
$40.00 – Bachelor/Associate Unit (cap, gown, tassel)
$73.00 – Master Unit with Hood
$30.00 – Bachelor Gown Only
$33.00 – Master Gown Only
$30.00 – Master Hood Only
$5.75 – Cap Only
$4.00 – Tassel Only
Cash, Check (payable to University Book Center), Major Credit Card, or Crusader Cash.
(Visit the Bookstore online for additional information including hours of operation.)
The Office of the Registrar maintains records of students’ degrees, majors, minors, and name spelling. There are two main opportunities for students to verify that these details are correct before diplomas and transcripts are printed for graduates.
- Visit the Office of the Registrar table at Grad Finale.
- Watch for a personalized email with your transcript and diploma details.
We ask each student to review their information and inform us of any changes.
All transcript orders are placed through DataVU. During their last semester, students may complete a transcript order through DataVU and select the “Hold for Degree” option.
Valpo alumni are extended the courtesy of lifetime access to DataVU and email accounts. Please visit the Transcripts page for more information on placing an order.
November 1, 2, and 3, 2017
January 17 and 18, 2018
Appointments are made at myseniorportrait.com.
- You’ll be asked to create a free account to sign up for a photography appointment.
- The session is free, and you must sign up for one if you want to appear in this year’s Beacon yearbook.
- You will have the option to purchase photo packages after viewing the proofs.
Look your best!
Dress up from the waist up.
Men: Shirt & tie, with jackets being optional
Women: Dressy blouse, top, or suit
Information Technology offers helpful information online about what will happen to your computing accounts as you graduate.
The Career Center staff work with current students and alumni. Use the Career Center’s resources as you search for a job and move through your career!
The First Destination Survey helps the University better understand the postgraduate pursuits of Valpo alumni, specifically our recent graduates. Please take two minutes to complete the survey regarding your plans after graduation.
Full details regarding the commencement ceremonies are available online. This includes information regarding tickets, photos, DVDs, the webcast, receptions, commencement speakers, shuttle service, parking, future ceremony dates, and more.
Hearing your name announced during the commencement ceremony is exciting for not only you, but also for your guests. You’ve worked hard for this moment of recognition, and we want to ensure your name is pronounced correctly.
Valparaiso University uses a service called NameCoach to record each student pronouncing their name. Recordings are made using either a computer microphone or any telephone. Please make sure that the recording is clear. The sound files are shared with the commencement announcers to assist in rehearsing for the ceremony. Graduation candidates should watch for an email from NameCoach during their last semester.
Students considering using a preferred first name instead of their legal name when being announced at the commencement ceremony should read the Preferred First Name Policy available in the General Counsel – University Policies section of the website. Please note that a request for the use of a preferred first name will also affect your Valpo email address. After the request is processed, legal name will continue to be used for diplomas, transcripts, the commencement program, and more. Please allow time for thoughtful consideration before requesting a preferred first name. Once a student has graduated, this process cannot be reversed, and the new email address reflecting the student’s preferred first name will be permanent.
Students with a current DataVU login may request a preferred first name by selecting the Preferred First Name Request option under Personal Information Updates on the Student Menu. All students are required to read the introduction, which includes the Preferred First Name Policy before proceeding with the request.