Payment & Financing Options
Payment Due Dates
Payment Due Date For Fall And Spring: Fall semester due date is August 15th., and Spring is January 5th. Payment plans are available for these semesters.
Payment Due Dates For Summer Sessions: Payment for Full Summer and Summer 1 are due June 10th. Summer 2 sessions are due July 20th. Charges for summer sessions will post in the Student Account Center one week after the start of each session, after drop/add. There are currently no payment plans available for the summer sessions.
Payment Plan (Nelnet): Valparaiso University partnered with Nelnet to offer payment plans for the convenience of those students and parents who may wish to spread payment over the semester. Under the plans, monthly payments may be arranged for the payment of tuition, fees, room and board. The plans are semester based. Set up your payment plan in the Student Account Center by logging into mycollegepaymentplan.com/valparaiso . Select Enroll Today to begin. Call Nelnet Campus Commerce at 800.609.8056 with questions.
Semester Payment Plans:
- A per semester $30 enrollment fee is required.
- This is an interest-free payment plan.
- Fall Semester Payment Plans:
- 5 month plan: Payments start in June
- 4 month plan: Payments start in June or July
- 3 month plan: Payments start June, July, or August
- Spring Semester Payment Plans:
- 5 month plan: Payments start in November
- 4 month plan: Payments start in November or December
- 3 month plan: Payments start in November, December, or January
Late Fees and Holds
Students who have not paid their account in full by the start of each semester and have not signed up for a payment plan, will be charged a $100 late fee. A registration hold will be placed on a student account if a balance remains from the prior term. For more information, contact The Office of Student Accounts at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1.219.464.5101.
Students are responsible for reviewing activity in the Student Account Center regularly.
The online payment system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may choose Credit/Debit card payments (a convenience fee will be charged) or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments using your checking or savings account (no convenience fee). Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit/debit cards will be accepted. Credit/debit card payments are only accepted using the web and will not be accepted at the Office of Student Accounts. Call Nelnet customer service with any questions at 1.800.609.8056.
The following options are available to make a payment on your student account:
- Students and Proxy (relatives/guests) may make a one time payment on the Student Account Center. Begin by logging into DataVU. Payment may be made by eCheck or Credit Card.
- How to add Proxy (Parent or Guest) access
- Set up a payment plan on the Student Account Center.
- Send a check to the university cashier. See address below. (Please make checks payable to Valparaiso University and include student name and student ID# on check to insure proper credit). The cashier can also accept cash in person.
- Wire funds directly to the university. Please include the student’s name and ID number in the wire comments. Contact the Office of Student Accounts for wire instructions.
Mail checks to:
Student Accounts – Kretzmann Hall
1700 Chapel Drive
Valparaiso, Indiana 46383