Requesting Refunds

If a credit exists on a student account after all financial aid credits have been applied, the student or parent of the student may request a refund using the Student Refund Request form. Requests will be processed by the Student Accounts Office located on the first floor of Kretzmann Hall.

You can submit the Student Refund Request form two ways:

  1. In person. Look for the form available in the Student Accounts Office, or
  2. Online. The online form is available here.

NOTE: A Student Refund  Request form must be submitted for each refund issued.

Initial refunds for the fall term are available to students approximately two weeks after classes begin. After all initial refunds are processed, subsequent refunds will be available each week typically on Tuesdays and Fridays. For exact disbursement dates, please contact Student Accounts at 219.464.5101.

Selecting a Refund Preference – For Students Only

Effective April 1, 2015, all student refunds will be processed by Tuition Management Systems (TMS).  To receive your refund by Direct Deposit or Visa Prepaid Card, register your payment preference and delivery address online.  If you do not register a preference for receipt of your refund, it will be mailed by TMS to your delivery address.  Mailed refunds could take up to 14 day for delivery.  In some cases, your delivery address may be your home or permanent address.  You may update your delivery address and your payment preference online at:

Click Website_TMS_More Info about receiving your refund through Tuition Management Systems.
For Parent Plus Loans

If you are requesting a refund for a Parent Plus Loan, the Student Financial Services Office is required to follow the instructions stated on the Federal Direct Parent Plus Loan Instruction Form.