Valpo offers students demonstrating exceptional high school achievement a variety of academic scholarships and merit awards. Students may also qualify for additional aid from federal and State of Indiana grant programs. To maintain any merit or academic-based award from Valpo, a student must maintain full-time enrolment and Satisfactory Academic Progress.
Entering class of 2022-2023 Scholarship Amounts:
|High School GPA||Name||Amount|
|3.0 to 3.49||Beacon Scholarship||$23,000|
|3.5 to 3.79||Honors Scholarship||$24,000|
|3.8 to 4.0||Presidential Scholarship||$25,000|
|> 4.0||Board of Directors Scholarship||$27,000-$30,000|
Transfer Student Scholarships
|3.0 to 3.2||$22,000|
|3.3 to 3.6||$23,000|
|3.7 to 3.8||$24,000|
|3.9 to 4.0||$25,000|
- Most scholarships, grants, and awards require only the admission application, and/or the FAFSA, unless an additional application is specified.
- Some awards may be offered in addition to academic scholarships.
- The total of all Valpo-funded awards may not exceed the amount of full tuition. (That limit does not include federal and state grants or scholarships, private scholarships, or athletic scholarships. Certain endowed funds are also exempt from this policy.)
- Institutional Aid Policy: University scholarships and/or grants will automatically be reduced if the financial aid from all resources exceeds the cost of attendance, as determined by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Valpo scholarships, awards, and grants may be renewed as long as the student is continuously enrolled full-time in pursuit of his/her initial Bachelor Degree and is meeting the standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress.