Please print out the forms and submit to Financial Aid. You may scan the forms and email them to email@example.com or fax them to 219-464-5012.
We can not accept a photocopy of your income tax return to fulfill verification requirements. If your FAFSA is selected for verification, you must either import your tax data using the IRS import feature on the FAFSA or you must request a tax return transcript directly from the IRS.
To request a tax return transcript you may:
- Go to the IRS website at www.irs.gov and click on “Get Your Tax Record.” You may print one on-line or you can order one and have it sent via mail.
- Download the IRS2GO App. If you have an Apple iPhone, or iPod Touch you can download the free IRS2Go app by visiting https://iTunes.apple.com. If you have an Android device you can visit https://play.Google.com to download the free IRS2Go app.
- Call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946.
- Complete the IRS Form 4506 T online or you can print a paper copy and mail it to the IRS.
- Make an appointment with your local IRS office and they can print your tax transcript. They do not take walk-ins.
Here is a guide for tax transcripts
If you will be enrolled at least half-time in classes at Valpo between May 2019 and August 2019 and would like financial aid to assist with those costs, please complete this 2019 Summer Application.
Special Circumstance Forms
Are there financial circumstances that affect your ability to pay for school that could not be reflected on the FAFSA?
- 2019-2020 Special Circumstances Form This form includes any changes to income since the FAFSA has been filed or extraordinary expenses that the family is paying.
- 2019-2020 Independent Student Support Worksheet This is for a Valpo student has an older sibling enrolled in school during the 2019-2020 academic year who is classified as an independent student for FAFSA purposes.
- 2018-2019 Special Circumstances Form This form includes any changes to income since the FAFSA has been filed or extraordinary expenses that the family is paying.
- 2018-20119 Independent Verification Worksheet This is for a Valpo student has an older sibling enrolled in school during the 2018-2019 academic year who is classified as an independent student for FAFSA purposes.
If your financial aid application has been selected for verification, you may need to complete one or more of the following forms.
Please only submit these forms if requested by the Office of Financial Aid.
- 2019-2020 Dependent Household Worksheet
- 2019-2020 Dependent Tax and Resource Worksheet
- 2019-2020 Independent Household Worksheet
- 2019-2020 Independent Tax and Resource Worksheet
- 2019-2020 Asset Worksheet
- 2019-2020 Student Non-Filer Form
- 2019-2020 Identity Verification Statement of Educational Benefits
- 2019-2020 Drug Conviction Worksheet
- 2019-2020 Unaccompanied Homeless Youth Verification
- 2018-2019 Dependent Verification Worksheet
- 2018-2019 Independent Verification Worksheet
- 2018-2019 Asset Worksheet
- 2018-2019 Student Non-filer Form
- 2018-2019 Identity Verification and Statement of Educational Purpose
- 2018-2019 Drug Conviction Worksheet
- 2018-2019 Unaccompanied Homeless Youth Verification
If your aid exceeds your charges, you may request a refund check to be distributed to you. To request a refund, please complete the Refund Request Form.
This form gives details on how you can access your VU email account and DataVU information Financial Aid via Email and DataVU