Please print out the forms and submit to Financial Aid using one of these options:

  1. Upload documents via Financial Aid Self-Service
    a. Log into DataVu at (username and temporary password on aid offer)
    b. Click on Financial Aid Self Service link
    c. Click “Complete Required Documents” link under checklist
    d. Under the Attachments column click on “Manage” to upload your document
    e. Click on “Choose File”
    f. Choose your document to submit and click on “Upload” (There will be a pop-up confirming receipt of document)
    Please note: you will see “Pending Review” under the status column once the document has been successfully uploaded. If for any reason you uploaded the incorrect document, simply click on “Manage,” to find the garbage can and resubmit the correct document. When the Office of Financial Aid reviews the document, the status will update to “Complete.”
  2. Email documents to:
  3. Fax documents to our office at 219.464.5012
  4. Mail documents to our office at:
    Office of Financial Aid – Valparaiso University
    1700 Chapel Drive
    Valparaiso IN 46383

Be sure that all documents are signed and have the students name and Valpo ID listed.

If your FAFSA is selected for verification, you must either import your tax data using the IRS import feature on the FAFSA, request a tax return transcript directly from the IRS, or provide a signed photocopy of your income tax return to fulfill verification requirements. .

To request a tax return transcript you may:

  1. Go to the IRS website at and click on “Get Your Tax Record.” You may print one on-line or you can order one and have it sent via mail.
  2. Download the IRS2GO App. If you have an Apple iPhone, or iPod Touch you can download the free IRS2Go app by visiting If you have an Android device you can visit to download the free IRS2Go app.
  3. Call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946.
  4. Complete the IRS Form 4506 T online or you can print a  paper copy and mail it to the IRS.
  5. Make an appointment with your local IRS office and they can print your tax transcript. They do not take walk-ins.

Here is a Guide for Tax Transcripts 22-23

If you will be enrolled at least half-time in classes at Valpo between May 2022 and August 2022 and would like financial aid to assist with those costs, please complete this 2022 Summer Application. The form can also be completed online here.  You also need to have the 2022-2023 FAFSA completed.

The following forms may be printed and then mailed or faxed to the Office of Financial Aid

Still missing a signature on your FAFSA?

Special Circumstance Forms

Are there financial circumstances that affect your ability to pay for school that could not be reflected on the FAFSA?

2022-2023 Documents

If your financial aid application has been selected for verification, you may need to complete one or more of the following forms.

Please only submit these forms if requested by the Office of Financial Aid.

2022-2023 Documents

If your aid exceeds your charges, you may request a refund check to be distributed to you. To request a refund, please complete the Refund Request Form.

This form gives details on how you can access your VU email account and DataVU information Financial Aid via Email and DataVU

Download the Educational Benefit Payment Agreement. Please keep a copy for your records.