Please print out the forms and submit to Financial Aid. You may scan the forms and email them to email@example.com or fax them to 219.464.5012.
If your FAFSA is selected for verification, you must either import your tax data using the IRS import feature on the FAFSA, request a tax return transcript directly from the IRS, or provide a signed photocopy of your income tax return to fulfill verification requirements. .
To request a tax return transcript you may:
- Go to the IRS website at www.irs.gov and click on “Get Your Tax Record.” You may print one on-line or you can order one and have it sent via mail.
- Download the IRS2GO App. If you have an Apple iPhone, or iPod Touch you can download the free IRS2Go app by visiting https://iTunes.apple.com. If you have an Android device you can visit https://play.Google.com to download the free IRS2Go app.
- Call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946.
- Complete the IRS Form 4506 T online or you can print a paper copy and mail it to the IRS.
- Make an appointment with your local IRS office and they can print your tax transcript. They do not take walk-ins.
Here is a guide for tax transcripts
Special Circumstance Forms
Are there financial circumstances that affect your ability to pay for school that could not be reflected on the FAFSA?
- 2021-22 Special Circumstances Dependent Form This form includes any changes to income since the FAFSA has been filed or extraordinary expenses that the family is paying.
- 2020-2021 Special Circumstances Form This form includes any changes to income since the FAFSA has been filed or extraordinary expenses that the family is paying.
- 2020-2021 Independent Student Support Worksheet This is for a Valpo student has an older sibling enrolled in school during the 2020-2021 academic year who is classified as an independent student for FAFSA purposes.
If your financial aid application has been selected for verification, you may need to complete one or more of the following forms.
Please only submit these forms if requested by the Office of Financial Aid.
- 2020-2021 Dependent Household Worksheet
- 2020-2021 Dependent Tax and Resource Worksheet
- 2020-2021 Independent Household Worksheet
- 2020-2021 Independent Tax and Resource Worksheet
- 2020-2021 Asset Worksheet
- 2020-2021 Student Non-Filer Form
- 2020-2021 Identity Verification Statement of Educational Benefits
- 2020-2021 Drug Conviction Worksheet
- 2020-2021 Unaccompanied Homeless Youth Verification