Please print out the forms and submit to Financial Aid using one of these options:
- Upload documents via Financial Aid Self-Service
a. Log into DataVu at datavu.valpo.edu (username and temporary password on aid offer)
b. Click on Financial Aid Self Service link
c. Click “Complete Required Documents” link under checklist
d. Under the Attachments column click on “Manage” to upload your document
e. Click on “Choose File”
f. Choose your document to submit and click on “Upload” (There will be a pop-up confirming receipt of document)
Please note: you will see “Pending Review” under the status column once the document has been successfully uploaded. If for any reason you uploaded the incorrect document, simply click on “Manage,” to find the garbage can and resubmit the correct document. When the Office of Financial Aid reviews the document, the status will update to “Complete.”
- Email documents to: Finaid@valpo.edu
- Fax documents to our office at
- Mail documents to our office at:
Office of Financial Aid – Valparaiso University
1700 Chapel Drive
Valparaiso IN 46383
Be sure that all documents are signed and have the students name and Valpo ID listed.
If your FAFSA is selected for verification, you must either import your tax data using the IRS import feature on the FAFSA, request a tax return transcript directly from the IRS, or provide a signed photocopy of your income tax return to fulfill verification requirements. .
To request a tax return transcript you may:
- Go to the IRS website at www.irs.gov and click on “Get Your Tax Record.” You may print one on-line or you can order one and have it sent via mail.
- Download the IRS2GO App. If you have an Apple iPhone, or iPod Touch you can download the free IRS2Go app by visiting https://iTunes.apple.com. If you have an Android device you can visit https://play.Google.com to download the free IRS2Go app.
- Call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946.
- Complete the IRS Form 4506 T online or you can print a paper copy and mail it to the IRS.
- Make an appointment with your local IRS office and they can print your tax transcript. They do not take walk-ins.
Here is a guide for tax transcripts
Special Circumstance Forms
Are there financial circumstances that affect your ability to pay for school that could not be reflected on the FAFSA?
- 2021-22 Special Circumstances Form Dependent This form includes any changes to income since the FAFSA has been filed or extraordinary expenses that the family is paying.
- 2021-22 Special Circumstances Form Independent This form includes any changes to income since the FAFSA has been filed or extraordinary expenses that the family is paying.
- 2020-2021 Special Circumstances Form This form includes any changes to income since the FAFSA has been filed or extraordinary expenses that the family is paying.
- 2020-2021 Independent Student Support Worksheet This is for a Valpo student has an older sibling enrolled in school during the 2020-2021 academic year who is classified as an independent student for FAFSA purposes.
If your financial aid application has been selected for verification, you may need to complete one or more of the following forms.
Please only submit these forms if requested by the Office of Financial Aid.
- 2021 – 2022 Dependent Household Worksheet
- 2021 – 2022 Dependent Tax and Resource Worksheet
- 2021- 2022 Independent Household Worksheet
- 2021 -2022 Independent Tax and Resource Worksheet
- 2021-2022 Asset Worksheet
- 2021-2022 Student Non-Filer Form
- 2021 -2022 Unaccompanied Homeless Youth Verification
- 2020-2021 Dependent Household Worksheet
- 2020-2021 Dependent Tax and Resource Worksheet
- 2020-2021 Independent Household Worksheet
- 2020-2021 Independent Tax and Resource Worksheet
- 2020-2021 Asset Worksheet
- 2020-2021 Student Non-Filer Form
- 2020-2021 Identity Verification Statement of Educational Benefits
- 2020-2021 Drug Conviction Worksheet
- 2020-2021 Unaccompanied Homeless Youth Verification