Below are all necessary and requested forms for the Office of Financial Aid and Office of Student Accounts.
If Financial Aid is requesting documents from your, then your financial aid application has been selected for a process called verification. You may need to complete one or more of the following forms.
Please only submit these forms if requested by the Office of Financial Aid.
2023-2024 Documents (Summer 2023, Fall 2023, Spring 2024)
- 2023-24 Dependent Household Worksheet
- 2023-24 Dependent Tax and Resource Worksheet
- 2023-24 Independent Household Worksheet
- 2023-24 Independent Tax and Resource Worksheet
- 2023-24 FAFSA Signature Page
- 2023-24 Asset Worksheet
- 2023-24 Student Non-Filer Statement Form
- 2023-24 Identity and Verification Statement of Educational Purpose
- 2023-24 Unaccompanied Homeless Youth Verification
- Upload documents via Financial Aid Self-Service (View a How To Video)
a. Log into DataVU at datavu.valpo.edu (username and temporary password on aid offer)
b. Financial Information > Financial Aid Drop Down > Financial Aid
c. Click “Complete Required Documents” link under checklist
d. Under the Attachments column click on “Manage” to upload your document
e. Click on “Choose File”
f. Choose your document to submit and click on “Upload” (There will be a pop-up confirming receipt of document)
Please note: you will see “Pending Review” under the status column once the document has been successfully uploaded. If for any reason you uploaded the incorrect document, simply click on “Manage,” to find the garbage can and resubmit the correct document. When the Office of Financial Aid reviews the document, the status will update to “Complete.”
- Email documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax documents to our office at
- Mail documents to our office at:
Office of Financial Aid – Valparaiso University
1700 Chapel Drive
Valparaiso IN 46383
Be sure that all documents are signed and have the students name and Valpo ID listed.
Special Circumstance Forms
Are there financial circumstances that affect your ability to pay for school that could not be reflected on the FAFSA? By submitting this form, the Office of Financial Aid can review changes to income since the FAFSA has been filed or extraordinary expenses that the family is paying.
For circumstances impacting academic year 2023-2024
Summer 2023, Fall 2023 and Spring 2024
If your FAFSA is selected for verification, you must either import your tax data using the IRS import feature on the FAFSA, request a tax return transcript directly from the IRS, or provide a signed photocopy of your income tax return to fulfill verification requirements.
To request a tax return transcript you may:
- Go to the IRS website at www.irs.gov and click on “Get Your Tax Record.” You may print one on-line or you can order one and have it sent via mail.
- Download the IRS2GO App to your mobile device.
- Call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946.
- Complete the IRS Form 4506 T online or you can print a paper copy and mail it to the IRS.
This application is exclusively for a specific group of undocumented/DACA students who cannot apply for Federal Student Aid. Information provided on this form is only shared within the Office of Financial Aid At Valparaiso University. Undocumented/DACA students can choose to complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA online.
Please note, undocumented/DACA students are not eligible for state or federal aid but will be considered for Valpo merit and need-based assistance.
If you will be enrolled at least half-time in classes at Valpo between May 2023 and August 2023 and would like financial aid to assist with those costs. Please complete one of the following:
You also must complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA.
All students are required to complete this form each year.
Download and complete the Educational Benefit Payment Agreement and return to the Office of Student Accounts. Please keep a copy for your records.