Associate Professor, Director, Virtual Learning Center
Professor Kost joined the faculty in 2015 and is the Director of the Virtual Learning Center. Her clinical expertise is in the area of critical care working as a critical care staff nurse, critical care Clinical Nurse Specialist and taught clinicals in the critical care area. She has been in academia for over twenty years. She actually returned to VUCONHP as she was an Assistant Professor from 1990 – 2000. She also was nursing faculty at Indiana University from 2000 – 2010. In the year 2007 she was awarded the Indy Star: Nurse Educator of the Year.
Her teaching interests are in the area of Simulation. She directed the opening of a new Simulation Center at the south campus of Community Health Network. She has developed interdisciplinary Sims that led to Chest Pain national certification and a pending Trauma Level III certification.
Her scholarly interests include preparation of faculty for teaching clinical. She has co-authored the chapter Teaching in the Clinical Setting in three editions of Teaching in Nursing, Billings and Halstead. She co-designed a Web Course in collaboration with NLN and Indiana University, Clinical Faculty: A New Practice Role.
- MSN – University of Pennsylvania 1982
- BSN – University of Indianapolis 1978
- American Heart Association, Basic Life Support & Instructor
- American Heart Association, Advanced Cardiac Life Support & Instructor
Areas of Specialization
- Critical Care
- Teaching in Nursing
- National League for Nursing
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH)
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing – Zeta Epsilon Chapter