Candidates for December 2015 Graduation
Grad Finale took place on Thursday, November 5th in the Harre Union Ballroom from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. All students planning to participate in the December 2015 Commencement Ceremony were invited to attend.
This event is designed to help you prepare for the December Commencement Ceremony and life after graduation.
Important items at this event include:
- Order your cap and gown for the ceremony. Place your order online now!
- Payment will be required at the time of pick-up in the Bookstore, beginning 11/30/15.
- Please try on your gown immediately after picking it up and contact the Bookstore if there are any sizing problems.
- Order your graduation announcements through Jostens.
- Order your class ring through Jostens.
- Review your degree information and diploma name spelling with the Office of the Registrar.
- Use the Career Center's resources as you search for a job and move through your career - we work with alumni and current students! Complete our Graduate Survey here.
- Learn about user accounts for graduates from Information Technology.
- Ensure all financial obligations are taken care of with Student Accounts.
- All graduating students who have borrowed Federal Direct Loans are required to complete Direct Loan Exit Counseling. An information session will be held in December. Please watch for an e-mail from the Office of Financial Aid.
If you were unable to attend Grad Finale, you must take care of these important items before commencement by contacting the departments directly.
Cap and Gown Pricing: (before tax)
- $40.00 - Bachelor Unit (cap, gown, tassel)
- $73.00 - Masters Unit with Hood
- $30.00 - Masters Hood Only
- $30.00 - Bachelors Gown Only
- $33.00 - Master Gown Only
- $5.75 - Cap Only
- $4.00 - Tassel Only
Payment Methods: Cash, Check (payable to University Book Center), Major Credit Card, or Crusader Cash.
(Visit the Bookstore online for additional information including hours of operation.)
Congratulations on your achievement!
Please visit the Commencement web page for more information including
- Guests with special needs
- Shuttle Service
All students planning to participate in the May 2016 Commencement Ceremony are invited to attend Spring 2016 Grad Finale.
November 11, 12, and 13
Harre Union - Victory Bell Room #263
Look Your Best!
Dress Up from the Waist Up.
Men: Shirt & Tie, with Jackets being optional
Women: Dressy Blouse, Top, or Suit
- Graduates will receive an email from the Office of the Registrar when diplomas are ready for pick up.
- Diplomas for December 2015 graduates will be available in the Office of the Registrar in January 2016.
- We are unable to release diplomas to graduates with any outstanding obligations to the University. Please resolve any outstanding obligations with the applicable offices before graduation.
- A photo ID is required to pick up your diploma in the Office of the Registrar.
- If you are unable to pick up your diploma on campus, please use the Diploma Request form in DataVU under the Students menu to give us the address to which the diploma should be sent.
- You may send the Office of the Registrar a Diploma Request right away, and we will mail your diploma as soon as it's ready.
- You may make changes if needed to your request by logging back into DataVU and updating the Diploma Request form any time before your diploma is mailed.
Office of the Registrar Business Hours:
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time
All transcript orders are placed through DataVU. During their last semester, students may complete a transcript order through DataVU and select the "hold for degree option." Valpo alumni are extended the courtesy of lifetime access to DataVU and email accounts. Please visit the Transcript page for more information on placing an order.