To be admitted to the online Mast4er’s of Science in Cyber Security degree program, applicants must:
- Meet all Graduate School admission requirements
- Have taken a statistics course and have the equivalent of a minor in computer science, IT or a related field (e.g., engineering or information and decision sciences). Professional experience or working knowledge may be considered the equivalent of the required academic background and is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA in previous college-level coursework. Students who fall below this standard, however, may be considered on an individual basis.
- Students without adequate background or preparation may be required to complete up to four courses prior to graduation. These courses may be taken concurrently with program coursework, so long as prerequisites for individual courses are met.
- Valparaiso University Graduate School Application
- Official transcripts of all prior undergraduate and graduate coursework. If you have received an undergraduate or graduate degree from Valparaiso University, you are not required to submit an official transcript from Valparaiso University
- Two letters of recommendation
- A reflective essay indicating the reasons for undertaking graduate study in the particular program you are applying for at Valparaiso University
- An up-to-date professional resume
- Application fee: $30
Students should have official transcripts mailed to:
Office of the Graduate School
1700 Chapel Drive
Valparaiso, IN 46383-6493