Anytime you finish a program, leave school, or are no longer enrolled at least half-time, exit counseling is required.
This on-line tutorial will take approximately 30 minutes. You will be required to use your federal FSA ID to access the site. If you no longer have your FSA ID, you may request a duplicate through the FSA website.
This is for FEDERAL DIRECT SUBSIDIZED, UNSUBSIDIZED, OR GRAD PLUS LOANS.
At any point in the Exit counseling process you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to visit our office.
Here is a short video regarding loan exit counseling facts and tips. This video is NOT the on-line exit counseling; only a video highlighting key points. Exit counseling is completed at studentaid.gov.
See directions for exit counseling below.
- Go to the Federal Student Loans web site at studentaid.gov and sign in with your personal information and FSA ID.
- Click on “Loan Repayment” then under “Prepare and Apply” select “Loan Exit Counseling”.
- Choose “I am and Undergraduate Student” or “I am a Graduate Student.
- The next several pages will recap your balances and review various loan topics, including understanding your loans, planning to repay and avoiding default. There will also be tools to help you estimate your income and expenses and to help you establish a budget. Throughout the review, there will be various questions to answer regarding the information that was in each section.
- Upon completion of the above, you will receive a summary page stating that you have satisfied the federal requirement for exit counseling.
- You may now review and print the Borrowers Rights and Responsibilities information.
- To identify your Loan Servicer, visit your “Account Dashboard”, click on “Menu”, scroll to the bottom of the page and select “View Loan Servicer Details”.