Valpo participates in federal and private loan programs, as well as offering several endowed loan programs. Loans based on need do not accrue any interest while the student remains in school at least 1/2 time, and all loans have competitive interest rates. Loans are available for both student borrowers and parents of students. NOTE: many options on some of the federal sites require the new FSA ID to log in. The link below will bring you to the FSA ID site.
Request FSA ID
Choosing a lender is an important decision. We believe it is in your best interest to carefully evaluate your borrower relationship with a loan lender of your choice. Once chosen, you begin a relationship that will be a part of your life for many years to come.
Listed below are tools which will provide you access to multiple lenders. The ISM Marketplace and FASTChoice will allow you to compare lenders and rates for possible alternative loans. As a borrower you have the option to select any lender. If you have any questions regarding the process please contact the Office of Financial aid.
ISM Marketplace, FASTChoice and Great Lakes are not affiliated with The University in any way and The University does not endorse one lender over another. You may choose any educational loan lender you prefer.
- StudentLoans.gov This is the main site for managing your Federal Direct Loans.
- Check your account
- complete entrance counseling and promissory note
- repayment options
- loan forgiveness
- loan cancellation
- You must have your federal PIN available to access your account.
- National Student Loan Data System The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education's central database for student aid. (The Department of Education is currently assigning Federal Direct Loans to 11 companies with whom it has loan servicing contracts: Apsire Resources, Inc., ESA EdFinancial. FedLoan Servicing (PHEAA), Granite State - GSMR, Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, MOHELA, Navient (Sallie Mae), Nelnet, OSLA and VSAC Fed Loans.) NSLDS Student Access provides recipients access to inquire about their Title IV loans and/or Pell grant data. Use this site to find out who your federal loan servicer is and how to contact them, and to obtain information about your outstanding loan balance and loan status.
- National Student Loan Clearinghouse
- Use your VU e-mail log-in information to access your account
- View the enrollment information VU has provided to the loan clearinghouse.
- View the student loan deferment notification the clearinghouse has provided to your lenders.
- View/Print the proof of enrollment or enrollment certificate you may need to provide to your health insurer and other providers of student services or products.
- View specific information about your student loans using Loan Locator.